The iaedp™ Mission
To promote a high level of professionalism among practitioners who treat those suffering from eating disorders by promoting ethical and professional standards, offering education and training in the field, certifying those who have met prescribed requirements, promoting public and professional awareness of eating disorders and assisting in prevention efforts.
Established in 1985, The International Association of Eating Disorders Professionals (iaedp) Foundation is well recognized for its excellence in providing first quality education and high-level training standards for professionals who treat the full spectrum of eating disorder problems. Our programs are designed by treatment professionals for treatment professionals working in therapeutic settings.
iaedp™-Willamette Valley is a non-profit organization focused on education, research, awareness, prevention and treatment of eating disorders.
iaedp™-Willamette Valley is committed to excellence in training and professionalism in the treatment of eating disorders. To promote awareness and education of eating disorder professionals we offer three educational events each year, one in Eugene, one in Salem and one in Portland. The culmination of of these efforts are celebrated with an Annual Winter Gala, usually hosted in the Portland area.
iaedp™-Willamette Valley’s mission is to bring together eating disorder treatment providers, across all disciplines, to collaborate and inspire one another. Our chapter drives this mission on the local level - connecting members with local peer support, resources, and continuing education.
iaedp™-Willamette Valley is currently one of over thirty international chapters. Being a member of our chapter comes with many benefits such as:
- Recognition as an eating disorder professional and as a leader - locally, nationally, even internationally
- Support, networking, education, and the buddy referral system with local professionals
- Discounts on iaedp membership and symposium
- Co-branding with a prestigious organization - we benefit from the marketing power of iaedp
- Support and guidance from other chapter presidents and the Chapter Director - powerful tools which helps us run a chapter, and translates into benefits for running a practice as well
- Local member collaboration continues to drive awareness, education, and quality. Our involvement helps shape our future and the lives of those we serve.
Current Board Members
Allison Amo, MA, LPC
Patty Fahlstrom-Nopp, MS, RD, LD, CEDRD-S
Nicole Lapotin, LCSW
Samara Stevens, ND
Bre Syron, RDN, LD
Regan Peterson, RD, LD, CDE
Rachelann Bryant, MSW
Jennifer VanDuker, MS, LPC
Lara Lohman, LCSW
Jessica Short, RDN, LD